Saturday, September 21, 2013

UFC 165 Jones vs. Gustafsson


At this point I have to be completely honest and say that I'm hoping Jon 'Bones' Jones gets the shit kicked out of him. Between being the biggest hypocrite in MMA and his holy rolling antics I'm ready for someone to knock his ass out. Claiming to be a religious person with a squeaky clean persona to boot when you are really spending your off time doing blow and wrecking your Bentley does not help cast good light on the sport of MMA. Maybe tonight the MMA gods will shed some much needed light on the light heavyweight division and put Jones into his place.

I honestly don't have much interest in the rest of the card as I have honestly not heard of most of them, especially on the prelim undercard. However, Wilson Reis is paired with Ivan Menjivar which could turn out to be an exciting technical fight. I personally utilize a guard pass made popular by Wilson Reis and I have always been a fan of his technical grappling abilities. I personally don't care about watching Brendan Schaub and Matt Mitrione because I think they both suck. By that I mean I think their personalities suck and never thought either of them are particularly interesting or exciting fighters. Not only that but Brendan Schaub is personally responsible for making a complete abortion of his Metamoris pro match against Cyborg. I'll probably reserve this part of the night to get another beer and take a piss.



Full Card:

UFC 165 Main Event:
265 lbs.: UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson
UFC 165 Co-Main Event:
135 lbs.: UFC Interim Bantamweight Champion Renan Barao vs. Eddie Wineland
UFC 165 PPV Main Card (10 p.m. ET):
265 lbs.: Matt Mitrione vs. Brendan Schaub
185 lbs.: Francis Carmont vs. Constantinos Philippou
155 lbs.: Pat Healy vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov
UFC 165 FOX Sports 1 Prelims (8 p.m. ET):
155 lbs.: Myles Jury vs. Mike Ricci
135 lbs.: Ivan Menjivar vs. Wilson Reis
170 lbs.: Chris Clements vs. Stephen Thompson
135 lbs.: Mitch Gagnon vs. Dustin Kimura
UFC 165 Facebook Prelims (6 p.m. ET):
155 lbs.: Renee Forte vs. John Makdessi
155 lbs.: Jesse Ronson vs. Michel Prazeres
135 lbs.: Alex Caceres vs. Roland Delorme
265 lbs.: Nandor Guelmino vs. Daniel Omielanczuk

1 comment: